Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Many things have happened to me and my friends over the last one year.
Its an experience that showed me (again) the faces of life and what life can offer.
People being motivated by all sorts of mixed values.
Some cannot even see clearly the state they are in.
It saddens my heart (again) that human can be so vulnerable to the lust that this world has, in the expense of others.

In this tsunami, the current was strong and the damage was huge.
Even the best swimmer could not get near shore.
Some have drown, others are still struggling with the facts and few took action and continued to swim towards land.

I no longer ask 'Why', rather I just want to get on with my life.
Then came along angels who threw in the life buoy.
The funny thing is, there are those who still refused to be assisted.
This help, though little, would still help them to get to the beach, but they choose to wait for the boat to come.

One of my friend, G.K.B., shared with me a very wise phrase
"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

which means ~ It's better to have a small real advantage than the possibility of a greater one.

To me,
being 'Real' is definitely better for those who need security, than going for 'Possibility' of realizing a dream....

In this human disaster, many have chose to point a finger at others. The unfortunate thing is, victims were actually being accused of being accomplice to the mastermind, being in cahoot with the con-artist.

Mind you! They are victims too!
Yes, you are angry, you are upset, you are frustrated and want to vent your anger.
But can you go for a real punching bag instead of a human to take your punching-words?
Its already a misfortune to everyone who was involved, must you add more pain to more people?
Does it REALLY make you feel better to see others hurting more than you?
Wouldn't it be better that you turn this Energy of yours to take action to seek REAL solutions to ease your pain?


*sigh*


I or we can NEVER control how others think and feel... what to do? *double sigh*
Just take the pain, treat it as an experience, which (hopefully) would turn me into a wiser person and move on with my life.....

No comments: