Saturday, February 21, 2009

Camera Critters

Camera Critters

I've always wanted to participate in this meme, but just didn't get the chance to. Today I'm going to tell you a little story of a little critter.

Do you see what I see?
No.... not Mickey and Minnie....


Let's take a closer look....
that's the tail....

Few hours later we saw this....
We used double-sided tape to stick the decoration on the wall
The lizard's TAIL GOT STUCK ON THE TAPE
and it was TORN OFF FROM HIS BODY!!!!
See the Blood???!
With him looking at me... I feel so sorry, but I'm too afraid to do anything... *slap*

I left it alone, hoping that it would find its way out eventually, since he could wriggle his body every now and then.
The next day....
His body tone turned darker.
(I used a different camera the next day, and this lousy camera has some colour recognition issues, so please bear with the off-colours for all the photos below)


We realised that he was dying.
His movements were slower and there were times when he lost his grip and hang dangling
*heavy heart*
So Allan did what a man is created for *laugh*
He pulled out the decoration and FREED THE LITTLE GUY!
But HE LOST HIS RIGHT HAND too!!!
*heart sank*

These were his 3 toes and the tail.
Can't see one of the toes?
Its semi-covered by the tail, at the edge of the decoration.
It seems that it lost a toe initially, then wriggled around and lost another and then another....
*heart pain*

We managed to get him into this container.
Without sealing the container, we threw it down the rubbish chute.
We know he'll survive there.... we believe... we hope *fingers crossed*


18 comments:

i beati said...

doubt in water. cute eyes..sandy

i beati said...

needs to be on a plant..outside.sk

Craig Glenn said...

Poor fella.

Craig

Bruce said...

I've played too hard with a little lizard before & kind of made him dead too!...oops!...didn't really mean to do that:(

~~吳大娘 - 吳懿恩, 吳懿倖和吳勇樂的母亲大人~~ said...

eww..so scary..

i couldn't bear to look..

lizards they are my no 1 enemy..the moment i see one, i would just froze on the spot and look for the nearest exit to escape to..

Mo said...

poor lil' guy; unfortunately, when they get in here, they don't last long, as my Sushi (cat) thinks they're her own private play things...so, I find them in *worse* condition, all the time...tho, I certainly know *exactly* how you feel - so, ...sorry for your loss!

Hope you have a better weekend, ahead...

??? said...

Poor little guy. But he has a chance to survive and he will grow his tail back after a while. If something like that happens again (or to someone else reading this), you can use cooking oil (olive, sunflower ect.) to soften the glue from the sticky tape, it won't harm the lizard's skin.

Carla said...

that double stick tape is strong stuff isn't it?

Carolina said...

Poor little critter! Hope he survives his ordeal.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh that poor little critter i do hope he survives but sad he has had to go through so much pain already.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Poor little guy, but I wouldn't have touched him either. Glad to see you play CC! It's a fun meme.

kden said...

Pretty amazing shots for your first time around. Poor little guy ;-(

Tink *~*~* said...

I feel sorry for the little guy. We have brown anoles here in Florida, and their tails are meant to come off. It is a defense against anything trying to catch them. Don't know about the toes/hands though...

Tink *~*~*
NEW at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* :
Of Mice and Mutts - Disney’s Flower and Garden Festival

Misty DawnS said...

Awwwwww! Poor guy - he was a cutie!

Thanks for joining CC - it really means a lot to me, and I look forward to seeing your critter photos each week.

imbeingheldhostage said...

oh, poor little guy! I once had my Husband cut up our screened-in porch to free a hummingbird... this would've killed me.

Kilauea Poetry said...

Lizards grow there tails back..don't worry. Their little cannibals though but I think he'd prefer a leaf outside. We have green Chameleons running in an out of our house.
Nice background-

Moomykin said...

Oh, if we had gotten one in a jar, I think my boys would have wanted to keep it for a few days to show friends and family alike. Then we'd let it go... but they are rather squirmy... *shiver*

floreta said...

i love the story you have with it and especially the deceiving first picture :D so sad.. but i believe lizard tails grow back... right?