Monday, February 16, 2009

Post-Valentine's Day thoughts

The biggest event in the month of February - Valentine's Day
Because of this day, some even call February 'The Month of Love'.

Do you like Valentine's Day?
did you say "Yes?"
Because of the atmosphere?
Because of the gifts?
or Because of the person who share it with you?

Allan and I were 'officially' together on V-day in 1998. We never really celebrated V-day after that day...and on our 2nd V-day, he gave me the worst gift ever. So much so that I'll never forget for the rest of my life. Your curiosity is killing you? Go read this.

I remember Valentine's Day to be a time for good income. Other than the sales of those 'couple-rings' at my stall, I remember there was a certain year, my whole house was filled with roses! No, they were not for me.

I remember having little sleep 2 days before V-day, busy wrapping bouquets and bouquets of flowers to meet the unexpected number of orders from an amateur like me. Orders came from strangers, our friends and THEIR friends too.

Yes, it was good money, but too tiring. So after that first try, we didn't attempt to do it again though orders still came in the following year. *laugh* Guessed they really liked my work. *Grin*

14th February
On this day,
Many choose to propose
Many choose to take the marriage vow
Many choose to have a romantic getaway to some place where there is only the sound of waves
Many choose to express their hidden feelings to the one they have been secretly in love with

Yet,
over the years,
I've seen more couples quarrel on this day than any other days (I was in the retail line remember?)
I've seen horrible decisions made on this day which resulted in a regret that's too costly
I've seen so many lonely souls in self-pity
I've seen some in tears. Tears from remembering what used-to-be....

Do you like Valentine's Day?
Have your Valentine's DayS been sweet and nice all these years?

1 comment:

Moomykin said...

Hubby and I never really fussed ab out Velentine's. If we do something it'll be like one of our usual dates.

The best one was when he made dinner for us, that was before we were married.

The worst I had was probably one when I accompanied a friend who just broke up with her boyfriend a week before that and we sat in a bar to talk (actually it was a restaurant cum bar, but it was so packed we had to sit at the bar itself). The a couple of guys tried to pick us up. We left in a real hurry.