Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Should I be Happy?

Someone used to say
"it makes a difference if we didn't chat for a day"
yet now
I don't even get a "hi" in days
and I don't know why

Some tell me
"You are the one I think of when I'm feeling down"
"You are the one I would gladly share my problems with"
"You are the one whom I can get directions from when I'm lost"
"You are the one who truly knows how I feel"
"You are the one who is often there when I need a shoulder to cry on"

The above sounds pretty encouraging?
Not really...

When things are alright
they are no where in sight

I'm so honored to share the sorrows
Know their deepest secrets

Yet,
I wished to be there too
when they laugh
when they are happy
when good things happen

Am I just a person for sad times?
Can I not be there only to share your tears?
Can't I be there to share your joyful moments too?

(*A thought on my relationship with people over the years. A fact I wish to get rid of.)

8 comments:

imelda said...

thats the essence of being friends. but not everybody could be a good sounding board for your problems, not a good shoulder to cry on when ur in tears. because everybody can not just be your confidant .

Mommy Lose Weight said...

yes yes!! you share my worries and my happiness together with me! :)

at least you are the only one who get to read "that" blog. *wink*

Hazel said...

thanks for dropping by, it's nice we can meet through blogging.do keep in touch

crazymumma said...

often it seems we must be amny things to many people.

It can be....tiring.

Anonymous said...

indeed angs.... not only you feel that.. i think it happens to everyone when strangeness is felt and when aloofness is in the air.

Moomykin said...

Well, things and people change. We do not need to bear other people's burden all the days of our lives.
We do what we can , when we can. At our own sad and happy moments, we call on those we count on, even if it's just one other person.
:)

Have a good weekend.

Woman in a Window said...

huh, that's interesting. Strange, isn't it, that we share our joys with our families but then go to our friends for that support when we need it. Never really thought it all through. Maybe friends just need a happy hug sometimes.

Hugs to you! Long distance but well meant,
erin

Tina said...

uw did you write that girl? quite a talent there ;)