Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Red Days"

I realised my health is deterioriating... could it be due to age?
I just had the WORST 'Red Days' ever.

I've ALWAYS LOVED RED DAYS. I'm serious. I like the feeling of losing my 'dirty blood' and knowing that new blood is being created. Though the loss of those 'dirty blood' could indirectly mean babies, I still love having those 7 days once a month. Anyway, the 'factory' has closed down long ago and we have no intention of getting the production line to work again. *wink*

Last Thursday (first day), the flow was so heavy that the 'bread's' absorbency was not even fast enough to soak it in and the 'rose syrup' over-flowed and gave my shorts extra prints 3 times in a day!

The two ends of my 'flying bread' (mine comes with wings *laugh*) is not even red yet!
Can you imagine how fast and heavy the flow was?!
I almost thought I was going to bleed to death!

This has NEVER happened before. My sis was surprised when she came back in the evening and saw me washing my 3 pairs of shorts. 'Cos I hardly even stained my undies.

I was so giddy, tired and weak as the day carried on. I was even weaker the next day. Guess the reproduction of the red blood cells aren't fast enough to bring back the colour of my face.

On Friday, after I brought the kids to school, I'm on my bed. When they are back, I'm still on my bed. I couldn't even finish half my lunch and I'm back to my pillow again. I stayed there till 5pm. Yes, my close friends know that I'm a Sleeping Queen, I can fall asleep anytime of the day and in all sorts of positions.... *laugh* but such rest is not comforting. 'cos at the back of your head, you have the image of waking up in Red Sea.

Tip 1: when you are this weak, get someone else to water your plant or you'll mistook the bleach for water (which was what I did) *faint*

Tip 2: when your mind can't function as well as it should, get your spouse to wake your kids up for school or there is a chance you'd left your alarm in the living room while you are covered under the blankets on your bed. (my kids missed school this morning because I couldn't hear the alarm, which I forgot to bring into the bedroom and overslept)

I couldn't quite recover till today. Feeling the beat under my feet once again. And with so much words written on this post, you know the chatty Angeline is back! *wink*

I hope those 'Red Days' next month will be back to normal....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had these kind of red days..for abt 6- 7 months when Yuvan was abt 8 months.. Once i fainted so badly in the washroom..sitting in the closet..after i had changed the bread.. n God knows how i was sitting on the closed when i had jus gone to change "the bread "..N eash was not at home.. I got hit badly.n recovered..say abt 10 mts..n jus had the strength to call eash n was on the sofa almost unconscious until Eash rushed home.. Then we went to doc..n he told me M aneamic n due to the "HEAVY " blood flow..n i was on iron n cal for 2 months.. now my flow is okie... stil i get very tired during those days... Try taking the IRON n CAL pills :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

I hope you feel better soon! I've never had them that bad before. Actually the older I get the less they are.

TINTIN said...

Take more warm water and rest more, you'll feels better.

Angela said...

I couldn't help but laugh when you tortured your plant again. Hahahaha.

Get well soon. Hope these heavy red days is just a one time thing.

Mommy Lose Weight said...

try to consult a physician asap!

Ann said...

This is your first time like that? Better monitor properly girl.

maybe you were also already ill and your body was a bit weak. Have to take more "poh" stuff ya.

We women have to take care all the time especially after we have had kids!

Anonymous said...

sounds really bad. I agree that maybe it is a good idea to see a doc. take care

Woman in a Window said...

My days are worse every month. It seems as we age things get heavier. Doesn't seem fair to me. I'd rather just skip it all together and take a vitamin.