Monday, May 2, 2011

Facebook has the rights to Publish Your Private Photos?

There have been a lot of rumours or news (depending on how you view this) that Facebook now owns the rights to publish all Facebook users' private photos without the need of the user's consent.

Messages like such kept appearing on Facebook status update:
"ATTENTION: Friday, Facebook will become owner of the publishing rights of ALL your private photos. You need to make a simple change: go to 'account', 'account settings', 'facebook ads' (along the top), 'ads shown by third parties', choose 'NO ONE' then SAVE. 2 minute job. Share with those who haven't done this yet."



Yet, when I head over to Facebook ON TWITTER, I saw this tweet:


Immediately, I tried to click on the link.
But it does not work.
So I copied the link onto my browser and an error message greeted me

"The page you requested was not found."


I was not at all surprise to find these @replies to Facebook after that tweet:


So it is true or not?
I really don't know...

No comments: