Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KTM Tanjong Pagar Train Station - Memories

Ever since we knew about the closure of KTM Tanjong Pagar Train Station on 1st July 2011, we had been waiting for a chance to bring the kids for a train ride. Allan and I dislike crowds and we had been hoping for a day whereby its a
  • Weekday
  • Singapore School Holiday
  • Not a Singapore Public Holiday
  • Not a Malaysia School Holiday
  • Not a Malaysia Public Holiday
This day did not come easy, but heaven was kind to us and our wish came true on 9th May 2011, thanks to Singapore General Election Polling Day on 7th May 2011. All the above 5 criteria were met! Whoo-hoo!

It was Allan and my 2 boys' first train ride. So it was more of an adventure for them. As for me, it was memories of what used to be like when I was a kid going to Malaysia during Chinese New Year to visit my relatives in Malaysia.

The details of the train ride are in my Parenting Blog under the post "KTM Train Ride". So I am not going to repeat, rather I shall let the photos and video do the talking...











This was the place we went




Here's the short video of the 45mins train ride when we were coming back to Singapore from Malaysia:

No comments: