Monday, July 13, 2009

Hospitalised Day 1

I thank my little notebook and pencil which follow me wherever I go. So that I could note down this and that when my disappointing memory fails me (so often).

3rd July, Friday

At Singapore General Hospital A&E 2pm+:
A cannula was inserted on the back of my right hand. Injection was given through it to reduce the acid-production in my gastric. Oral Medication was also given after I showed the medication I received from my family doctor to the female A&E doctor. I was told to wait for 2 hours before she could check on me again. Lower Abdominal Pain and Gastric Pain did not improved . She brought me to the observation ward, where I laid down with many others in our own clothings. I was instructed to rest till 12midnight before I could be discharged.

4pm:
After blood and urine tests' results turned out fine, they took me to the gynae department. Did ultra-scan which brought back lovely memories of what it felt like being pregnant. Top of tummy and in the virginal, both were done. Report was clear. "Good News!" exclaimed the doctor. But I was not happy cos' I was still in pain. It was dinner time when I was back to the observation ward. Both 'spots' hurt terribly after a few spoonful of rice. But hunger pushed me on. Taking breaks in between every other bite before the plate was finally emptied.

11pm:
Seeing no improvement, they decided to admit me. I was on 'drip' since eating hurt so much.

I requested for B2 ward: a 6 bedded, non-air conditioned ward. But they pushed me to an A-Class Ward ('cos no beds were available in B2 then) : Single bed with facilities comparable to that of a hotel room; other than the furniture were more run down.

Personal toilet, equiped with hair dryer, a mini division between the place to pee and bathe. Beside the toilet was a wardrobe!!! All patients were required to wear that 'sickly costume', why would there be a need for wardrobe??! *eyes rolled*Anyhow, I made full use of it, hanging my Black T-shirt and jeans which I wore in the morning.

A writing desk complete with catalog and magazines. Safe Deposit Drawer was beside the bed too. Telephone for chatting pleasure. Of 'cos, not forgetting a personal TV hanging down from the ceiling, which shows special channels like HBO and plays music from my favourite radio stations.

You think I was happy? I was not! I was so scared I couldn't sleep that night. I kept the door wide open and lights on. Tiredness won me over and dozed off unknowingly.

When I woke up a couple of minutes later, the door was closed and the room was pitch black! I thank the inventors who put the lights control buttons by the bed. I switched on all lights again, got up, opened that heavy door again. I 'warned' the nurses NOT TO CLOSE THE DOOR AND NOT TO TURN OFF THE LIGHTS!

Little did I expect the nurses rotated their duties and the new batch of nurses (not knowing my orders) switched off all the lights and closed the door!
Practically, the whole night I was up and down my bed opening the door and switching on the lights.... *faint*

10 comments:

~~ 吳大娘 / Flower Mummy ~~ said...

Just wondering..why must the door be open and the lights be on?

You scare of darkness?

Mommy Lose Weight said...

aiyo .... so poor thing !!

now still pain or not? waiting to read Part 3 - 6

Anonymous said...

then.. wat? were u still in so much pain? wat hapd ?

Melissa said...

Did you learn what caused the pain?

Angeline said...

Hi Melissa,

NO!!!
nothing was found
That's why I'm so frustrated....
there will be a review on 22nd.
for more blood test and whatever tests there may be....
*sigh*

Angeline said...

Hi Suhanya,

not as painful now....with medication...that is...
nothing was found
That's why I'm so frustrated....
there will be a review on 22nd.
for more blood test and whatever tests there may be....
*sigh*

Angeline said...

Flower Mummy,

yes girl, I am.

Woman in a Window said...

HA! I'm laughing a little now assuming you're alright by now. But the image of you in a gown with your derriere hanging out yelling at the nurses is just a little bit funny.

2xMum said...

hehe... i was afraid of staying in the hospital room alone too!! :P

some how, i managed to go thru the 2 nights stay when i gave birth my boy. I requested my hubby to stay overnight wt me for the first night and the second night I was on my own oredi... luckily the nurses came to check on me & baby on and off! :D

Blessed mum said...

i thought you are expecting when i read the word" good news" hahaha..

SGH so good, got HBO somemore, Mt E only got local TV, so boring.