Monday, July 13, 2009

Why was I in hospital?

My post on 30th June... I was still wishing for a better July... instead, this was the big gift July gave me..... *sigh*

This was how it started....

Wednesday 1st July 11pm:
Felt a little prickly pain over at my gastric. Ignored. Went to bed.


Thursday 2nd July morning:

The pain didn't go away. Ate 'Bo Zhai Yun' and the pain subsided.
12-1pm:
My lower Abdomen started to cramp and my gastric pain came back. Went to see my family doctor. Someone who has been caring for my health since I was 10 years old. He is the only person who is familiar with my gastric pain.

Took 3 dosages of his medication. 1st and 2nd dosages eased the pain for only 4 hours. Whereby the medication should last for 6 hours. 3rd dosage soothed my pain for only 2 hours. That was a bad sign.
This was the first time after 3 dosages, my pain was not gone. My 6th sense told me something was wrong. Called my family doctor again, seeking for a stronger prescription and this was what he said: "The medication I gave you are very strong already. Something is not right. Go A&E."

Even my doctor who have cured my gastric pain so many times supported my 6th sense, I wait no further.

I went to KK hospital, thinking that they would have my records, since my boys were delivered there. But they rejected me, explaining that they handle "women's problems" only. Purely gynae related issues. Even though I semi-qualified, because of my lower abdomenal pain, but they said they will not cure my gastric.... *faint*

So off I went to Singapore General Hospital, the place where my dad breathed his last.

3 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Trusting in yourself. Smart woman!

Blessed mum said...

a little irrelevant here but i guess going to SGH bring back some sad memory?

Administrator said...

Oh...so happy that you are back in action. Was kinda worried about you when your sister dropped that short post. PTL.

you take care ya