Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hospitalised Day 5

7am:
As usual, the doctors came to do their rounds and seeing me sitting up, instead of lying down, he announced: "It's obvious that you are feeling better, I think I'll discharge you today....so how are you feeling now?"

"The pain in my lower abdomen is definitely gone and the pain in my gastric is better. But during eating and after food, the pain increases."


"I'll be giving you some antibiotics and antacid to take before food, to ease the pain during meal times. For the next few days, just take frequent s
mall meals, till your gastric is back to normal."

"Its rather frustrating that after doing so many tests, the cause of my pain is still not found."


"Well, that's what the results showed - Nothing. Anyway, I need you back here 2 weeks later to check on your blood again, because your alkali level is still not good. But since you are feeling better, I think you need not worry too much about that."


With that, ends my inconclusive 5-day stay in hospital. *Arrrrggghhhhh* So irritating!

To me, it should be as simple as 1+1=2, meaning if there is pain, something, somewhere should be wrong. Yet after so many tests and scans, no cause is found was just too puzzling for me.

Before I bid farewell to my room and my 'Swatch Watch', I took my own sweet time to finish my last 2 meals there....

Breakfast - Cup of *Milo, Half-boiled Egg and Oatmeal.


Lunch - GuoTiao Soup.


*Milo is similar to hot chocolate (for the benefit of my overseas friends)

And so, I left the hospital with:
  • a tummy of frustrations
  • unshaven armpits
  • untrimmed nails
  • black-head filled nose
  • fart that smells like tablets
  • 11 needle holes
  • longer fringe
  • lots of medication, and
  • an uneasy anticipation on the yet-to-receive medical bill

10 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

OOooof! After all of that, the bill. Yikes. That's a pain in a whole other location. And they never found out? I'd be wary.

Angela said...

i like the way u say u left the hospital with unshaven armpits.. lol.. funny!

Blessed mum said...

hope everything is fine now. hahaha..i can definately related to that farts things :P

slavemom said...

Oh no! After all that they've done to u, after all the excruciating pain, they din find out wat happened to u. But look on the bright side, u got better. And now back home with ur family. Hmmm... maybe u wanna consider Chinese med treatment?

4malmal said...

hey followed thro your hospitalisation story and glad that everything is ok but that's a lot of pain u went through. hope the pain don't come and bug u again.

Anonymous said...

OMG... after all this i never expected that there's no cause found.... I can get u'r feelings...hope u are doing great now!!!
cheerup girlie:)

Something About Us said...

aiyo, stay for so many days yet cannot find out the reason of the pain !

poor girl, hope you are better now.

BBO said...

health is number one

Dreamycat said...

interesting & scary account. I was reading with my breathe held!
This really reminded me of what happened to me after delivery of my child too. I had pain in my tummy, uncontrollable diarrhoea, was on drip, did blood test, did CT Scans, did bacteria testing, nothing was found and in the end, they do not know why I'm having the diarrhoea and why my tummy just keep churning and churning, pushing out any food I eat.
In the end, I just asked to be discharged when diarrhoea was not as frequent and I was better once I reached home!
Now it still remains a mystery.

Mummy Kless said...

Your hospitalisation experiences are scary! Hope you're much better now though! Take care...