Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hospitalised Day 2

4th July Saturday

I was under the surgical team. Inserted the drip-tube into the cannular or more commonly known as 'plug' among the nurses on my right hand. Was not allowed to eat or drink.

X-ray was done on my chest and my tummy yesterday. Report showed negative again this morning when the doctors came for their rounds at 7am. Nothing unusual was found. My frustrations grew.

But the senior surgeon said something that made my eyes grew, "Her case looks more like chronic appendicitis. Keep her coming back for review."

So I thought I might be discharged the next day.... but I was wrong.

Late evening I was told that I could drink water or glucose or any CLEAR fluid, but very minimum quantity each time. This little favour was given ONLY after I yelled "I am hungry!" too many times, to whoever that came into my room.

My gastric hurts with every sip. Other than running to the toilet almost every other hour. My hunger grew; until Allan seek permission to get clear soup for me. Assuring the nurse that I will not eat the residue, nor the ingredients. After the bowl was half emptied, hunger finally left me.

I had the most wonderful sleep that night.

4 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Holy Scmoly! That's not good!

Something About Us said...

lucky allan insisted a bowl of clear soup, or else how to tahan for the next few days? I think you will get skinny!

Blessed mum said...

Thot u were on drip? why still hungry?? i don't recall feeling hungry at all when i'm on drip, only super thirsty.

but good that Alan got u a bowl of soup to satisfy your hunger.

Angeline said...

Blessed mum,

Precisely!!!
That's exactly what I thought too....
on drip = no hunger...
BUT IT WAS NOT THE CASE for me.
don't know why...
*pout*