Sunday, January 18, 2009

Song Sharing Sunday - #1

Song Sharing Sunday Badge



I have decided to make Sundays a little more special for myself over here. Music is very much a part of my soul. If I was given the opportunity to excel in this area, who knows, I may be a well-known musician or a singer by now. *laugh*

Songs that I like vary from Musical to Rock to Sentimental to Oldies... Sundays over here will be like a mini-compilation of all sort of songs...including Mandarin songs.

Intially, I don't intend to treat this like a meme, but then I thought, "since I like meme(s) so much, I might as well create one."

It was extremely fun creating the badge. Though I took a long time getting it done, I am soooooo pleased with the result. Like my badge? I want to take this opportunity to thank Tammy for creating the codes for the badge too. This woman has a heart bigger than the ocean! Love you!!!

So if you would like to join in the fun, put your NAME and your post's URL link in the Linky Box and don't forget to grab the meme's badge above using the codes provided and I'll hop over to 'listen'...

*Sandra dear, I know you have your Sandra's Sunday Corner and you share songs as one of the 3 items too. So you could be the first (or the only one *laugh*) putting your link below...*wink*

Every Song reminds me of a person, an event, a place, a smell, a taste....a secret, do you have a song to share today?




Love Me from Colin Raye is the very first song I'm sharing...lyrics are below if you want to sing along (which I usually do) *laugh*



I read a note my grandma wrote back in nineteen twenty-three.
Grandpa kept it in his coat, and he showed it once to me. He said,
"Boy, you might not understand, but a long, long time ago,
Grandma's daddy didn't like me none, but I loved your Grandma so."

We had this crazy plan to meet and run away together.
Get married in the first town we came to, and live forever.
But nailed to the tree where we were supposed to meet, instead
I found this letter, and this is what it said:

If you get there before I do, don't give up on me.
I'll meet you when my chores are through;
I don't know how long I'll be.
But I'm not gonna let you down, darling wait and see.
And between now and then, till I see you again,
I'll be loving you. Love, me.

I read those words just hours before my Grandma passed away,
In the doorway of a church where me and Grandpa stopped to pray.
I know I'd never seen him cry in all my fifteen years;
But as he said these words to her, his eyes filled up with tears.

If you get there before I do, don't give up on me.
I'll meet you when my chores are through;
I don't know how long I'll be.
But I'm not gonna let you down, darling wait and see.
And between now and then, till I see you again,
I'll be loving you. Love, me.
Between now and then, till I see you again,
I'll be loving you. Love, me.

8 comments:

Something About Us said...

I love this song by Colin Raye too! Check out my #1 song :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

The codes work perfectly! I'm going to try to play next week. Sorry I didn't play this week, things have been so hectic here because it's been so cold my water froze so I've been having to get water from my sisters house and do laundry and bath there. Have a great day my friend! :o)

Angeline said...

Tammy,

Yeah!
Great!
Don't worry about not playing it this week....

So cold till the water froze!!!!??? Wow!!!

Angeline said...

Something About Us,

Thank you sooooo much for playing!!!
*Muack* x1000

Woman in a Window said...

Cool. I like this. Music is so important, isn't it?

Sandra Carvalho said...

Hey nutty!LOL!Of course I'm playing along!Sorry I missed it yesterday! ;)
I'm on my way to do mine!
xoxo

Tina said...

sounds good girl. i will see if i am able to play this week.

Only cause i do alot of memes already, and just didnt want my blog to look like a memes only blog if you know what i mean! please dont be offended x (hugs)

Angeline said...

Tina,

don't worry.
I completely respect your decision....

like I say in my post, I'm not expecting any response (players) actually.... *laugh*

seriously, you are too nice...
don't worry a thing about it... really....*smile*

Love you....