Wednesday, August 12, 2009

1st Review after 2nd Hospitalisation

Good and bad news.

Let's talk about the good first.
I am immune to Hepatitis B, hence I can continue to share food with my boys. Yippee!
You know how disappointed I was when they told me its Hepatitis?
Which means if I happened to be Hepatitis B, the chances of Allan getting it would be really high too. Of cos, my boys had the immunisation done, but still, there is a risk, isn't it?

Anyway, that's thrown out of the window now.
I am NOT down with Hepatitis B.

Just Hepatitis.
By the way, some of you have asked, what exactly is Hepatitis, here's what Wikipedia said:-
"Hepatitis (plural hepatitides) implies injury to the liver characterized by the presence of inflammatory cells in the tissue of the organ."

In short, it simply means my liver is inflamed.

If you have read my 2nd hospitalisation day 7 of 7 , its clear that there is no need for surgical procedures. Hence today was my last day under the surgical team.

On 19th Aug (supposedly on 17th), I'll be officially under the medical team. Whereby more tests would be run to know exactly what had caused my liver to be in such a bad condition.

According to the Professor whom I met up with today, he told me that they had gone beyond the boundaries and did much more for me in finding out if I needed an operation. On top of that, they had even done some 'rare' test, but all came out negative. All in the good faith of finding if I need surgery to remove life-threatening causes.

He further highlight, "Your case is really 'special'. Looking at your liver, its quite derange, meaning its really bad."

He continued to emphasize that I will be on 'trial-and-error' with the medical team till they finally found the cause and the time needed may be much longer that expected.

I asked, "Would my liver recover on its own?"

"Its possible, but what's important now is to find out what exactly caused your liver to be in such a bad condition. It could be simply something that you eat, or herbs that your liver can't accept, or medication...." he replied.

Personally, I consider myself a really obedient girl, I have abstained from the following food (some of which were out of my diet list, ever since my pain started one plus month ago):-

  • No seafood except fish
  • No spicy
  • No sourish
  • No cold drinks or food
  • No peanuts
  • No rojak (a mixture of vegetables and fruits in a black creamy sauce)
  • No raw food like sushi and sashimi
  • No deep fried and oily food

Can you feel my fear?
I might just 'stumble' on the forbidden food/drink again unknowingly; and with the current condition of my liver, the result could be devastating.

I just hope they DO find the cause of my pain real soon....

11 comments:

Blessed mum said...

Humans are full of irony..we want to know the cause yet we are scared to face it..Jia Yu, girl! You are a strong fighter.

so your Hep is just hep? not Hep A?

since you are on Trial & Error, does it means that your medical test and medicine are heavily if not fully subsidise?

Really pray hard that they will find the real cause and the right medication for you. Hang on there, girl!

Something About Us said...

I dont understand, what does it mean by just Hep ? I thot there's Hep A or Hep B right?

Angeline said...

Something About Us,

No girl,
there is Hep C and even Hep E too....
they did it ALL!!!
negative was the result.....

Angeline said...

Blessed mum,

No girl,
not Hep A either....
there is Hep C and even Hep E too....
they did all the tests!!!
negative was the result to all of it.....

about 60% subsidised.
All hard cash...

I'm hanging on....
and have been hanging on for so long, my fingers are having blisters...*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Oh My god... how i missed ur post of Hep B ? I'm so relieved that u don"t need a surgery... and no hep B but jus hep.. u know in India its believed u dont eat oily food during jaundice.. or to be precise less oil...it helps.... try to eat home cooked food as much as possible :)

Wish u luck girlie :)

Alison said...

I hope they find some answers for you soon. It' so hard not to know what to do.

Melissa said...

Are you still in pain? I hope you are back to normal soon.

WaveSurfer said...

With my limited medical knowledge, I'm not sure if this is good news, but at least some clues to what might have caused your misery have surfaced. Should beat finding out nothing I guess.

God Bless You! ^^

Angeline said...

Melissa,

for now,
I still have occasional sharp pain, especially after food.
but definitely bearable.
All thanks to the antibiotics.

the real test will come, when the antibiotics run out this coming weekend...

which was exactly what happened the previous round, weeks after I was discharged from my 1st hospitalisation; the antibiotics ran out and my pain came right back and MUCH STRONGER.

Angeline said...

suheezbrainwaves,

Oh yes!
Thank you girl for reminding me.
I forgot to state that I've been abstaining from deep fried and very oily food for more than a month too...
Will update my list on my blog post right now.

MommyAngel said...

so that's mean after the 7 day hospitalisation they have found nothing and now it's up to the medical team to further observe your condition ........ wow!! I hope it won't take long before they know what's the problem and will fixed it once and for all!!

but think of a positive side, you have done a very complete body check up in these few days / weeks and everything looks fine which is a good news :)