Monday, August 17, 2009

I was Exorcised

To my MIL, being in pain (severe or not) for almost 2 months, being hospitalised twice in a month, spending 13 days in hospital, done countless tests (big and small) and YET no cause is found is just too abnormal.

And to the 60+ year old lady, Abnormal = Supernatural Force is in Control.

The day right after I was discharged, she came to my house equipped with 'tools'.

That morning she went to the 'priest' to ask what happened to me. The priest told her that I have offended my ancestors. Sold her a stack of paper money, with a paper figure of a woman (representing me) and joss sticks. She was told to perform exorcism on me only after the sun has set.

My nieces and nephew had a great time with my boys in my house. A place where children can jump and run around like crazy. A completely different planet from their house, which is 'ruled' by my MIL (almost). *giggle*

When the time has come, the noisy bunch were told to lock themselves in the room till a sign is given. My FIL and Allan were the caretaker for that short session.

MIL stroke my body with the pile of paper money and the paper 'Me'. She said my name and mumbled something like, "She was careless. She didn't mean to offend you. Please forgive her. Please remove all the bad things from her body....so on and so forth."

After that was done, she headed down to the ground floor with that stack on her hand together with a bowl of rice and some joss sticks. She was told by the priest she had to take the stairs, not the lift.

Thank God I did not stay on the 20th floor!

Still, my unit is on a 2-digit level.

Doing this didn't take away my pain till now, but it gave my MIL a piece of mind. She thinks that after doing this, the cause of the pain will not be 'hidden' by the 'you-know-who' and hence the cause will be found when I go for my next blood test, which will be on 19th Aug, Wednesday.

Let's see if its true.... *wink*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey,,, get well soon and hope to best for you, stay happy no matter what,,(i am trying to do it as well)

take care my friend.

expecting your good news

Something About Us said...

Heehee...I can fully understand what your MIL is thinking :)

I know you understand that she is concerned and worried for you, hence such thing happen. If by doing this she feels that she can worry abit lesser, let her be, right? :)

Blessed mum said...

you have a very nice MIL who would walk all the way down the flight of stairs to "save" your life!

Will be praying for you..update us soonest, ok? Just hope my worry is wrong.

Aces Family said...

Hi Angeline,

My mom is the same as your MIL. If someone is sick for too long without a good reason, it's always "that BAD THING"..hee. : P

I think their generation are believer of such practise. Just go along with it and all will be well.

Take care ya.

astee

Woman in a Window said...

I am so touched that she cares about you like this, is worried about you like this. It shows something deeper of her and it pleases me. Now, only if it would work!