Monday, August 10, 2009

2nd Hospitalisation Day 6 of 7

30th July 2009

2am
I was woken by a sharp pain on my left hand. The nausea-jab helped me to sleep so well, I accidentally detached the 'PINK plug' while I was asleep. *faint* I woke up in a pool of blood on the left side of my bed. The nurse was trying to re-insert the 'PINK plug', it was that pain which woke me up. Soon after that was done, I was back to dreamland again. Too tired.

6am Woke up. Can't stand the sight of my bed and the blood stains on my arm, went to bathe while the cleaners changed my bedsheets.

8am Doctor came and told me they found traces of existence of stones in my gall, but they can't find the stones anywhere now. They were waiting for another report to check if there were REALLY stones in the first place. With this new findings, I was elated! I told Allan and he volunteered to update my Facebook status for me.

The nurses changed shifts and the 'new' senior staff nurse couldn't stand the ugly sight of the blood stains on the tapes around my 'Pink plug', she volunteered to clean it up for me and she too, drew a smiling face with a tongue sticking out for me. *giggle*

Sad to say, majority of the nurses I met this round was horrible! There was one whose attitude is beyond words!

7.30pm Doctor came and shook his head again! He said he couldn't find the stones and asked that I should try to EAT!!!!

He said he can't understand why I'm still in pain. *AAArrrggghhhh* Gave me the same doubtful look again.

He told Allan to go to the Foodcourt at the ground floor of the hospital to get me a bowl of porridge.

I was very upset. Very Very disappointed.

I took several tiny bites. Pain was felt. I got scared. I stopped. I didn't want the pain to be excruciating again.

I sat there, looking at my sis and Allan. My anger grew. I snapped.

"This is ridiculous! I want to seek a second opinion. I want to be discharged. Its a waste of time and money with all the scans and tests and nothing can be found. *Aaarrgghhhhh* Dearie, tomorrow, can you come at 7am to 'catch' the doctors? Let's hear what they have to say now, since MRI was the 'final' scan. If they do not have any new direction to find out the cause of my pain, I want to leave that very moment."

And so it was planned. I slept with a tummy of fire.

6 comments:

Blessed mum said...

the nurse must have felt your frustration..so they draw a cheeky face on your tape.

and ain't u lucky that the nurse found you bleeding?? can't imagine what will happen if they skip the round!!

MommyAngel said...

it's so frustrating!! After what they have put you through (scan, etc) but still telling you the same thing .... gosh! Cannot be!!! If I were you, I will be burning in red as well!! Knowing that you are in pain but still asking you to test drink and test eat so to prove to you that you were wrong??? I think I will hope that there is the 'pain detector’ or something like that to show all these doctors and also to let them feel your pain themselves and asked them whether that classified as 'nothing wrong'!! Gosh .... the more I think of, the more I am burning thinking of the pain that you have to go through!! Poor you ....

Angeline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suhanya said...

Frustrating must have been the word that day rt?

Anonymous said...

oh so im right suspected gall stone(s).

i tell u this thing abt gall stones, i had one, i took chinese med and the next scan (1yr later) it was gone cant find the 20cent coin sized stone.

until now ive no such pain anymore since 2002. i guess im just lucky.

before i was scanned with stone, i had been taking MC once almost every mth for almost half a yr as the pain comes and goes.

Angeline said...

Suhanya,

oh yes, my dear, oooohhhhhh yes!!!