Thursday, August 6, 2009

2nd Hospitalisation Day 3 of 7

27th July 2009

I had so many different drips everyday, that the nurses grew smarter by changing the cannula to a 'directional' one. They probably got lazy changing the tubes; with a directional cannula, all they do is just 'turn' th
e knob. *laugh*

1.45pm
I was wheeled down for a detailed Ultrasound. I did my best to 'psycho' the doctor to do a very thorough job. Whenever she pressed onto a painful part, I would exclaim, "Yes, here...this part is painful, can you see anything??? Does it look abnormal in anyway??? Anything suspicious???"

"NO."

Over and over again, I 'forced' her to concentrate on the parts that are painful. All I got was the same reply> "No."

I think I had over-physco-ed her . She didn't trust her own eyes. She called her consultant in to re-do the scan.
*laugh*
Still, it was the same 2-alphabet reply....."No." *sigh*

6.30pm I was scheduled for the 'Final' scan tomorrow. According to the doctors, THIS is THE utmost scan before they will have to cut me open for an even more detailed check. They said MRI is a very sensitive 'scanner', hence its the most comprehensive; so I'm prepared for a 'shock-of-my-life' figure on my bill this time.

Securing a slot for the MRI was no smooth ride.

I was asked if I had metal implants in my body. I told them about my 'fake' tooth. The doctors insisted that I give my dentist a ring to check the components and the brand of the metal in my 'fake' tooth. I did as told, but my dentist didn't know.

She gave me the number to call the technician who created the tooth. Called him, he was not willing to give me the details. Hmmm.... this was what he said, "You are in no position to know this, I do not know why the dentist gave you my number. She SHOULD call me herself and reply you later." *Aaarrrggghhhhh*

He hung up the phone and instructed me to call my dentist 10 minutes later. I got distracted by the atrocious acts of a particular nurse and totally forgot about calling my dentist back. An hour later, a message was received on my handphone. Wow! Super precise! Every component of the 'fake' tooth was stated with a percentage beside it. Cool!

Ran to the nurse and passed the details over so as to find out if my 'fake' tooth would be sucked up by the magnetic force. *laugh* I wouldn't want to be toothless because of one silly scan which has a high chance of giving me a 'disappointing' result in the end. Can you see that I have very little faith in all these machines already? *sigh*

Hours later, the nurse came over and told me that its been 'approved' and she had secured a time slot for the MRI scan tomorrow late evening.

9pm+ Doctor came and suggested that I should TRY DRINKING. You see, there is something which I didn't mention in my previous stay in the hospital earlier this month (July). The doctors have been giving me the "I wonder if you are REALLY IN PAIN... hmmm...." kind of look.

This time is NO different either. *eyes rolled* How sickening! Would I be such a dumbhead to put myself through all the pain and empty my pockets to those silly machines, missing my comfortable bed, my boys and all?!!!
*Arrggghhhh*

Anyway, he came and told me to try drinking *Milo. If I can drink without feeling sharp pain, I should be fine and ready to go home..... *eyes rolled*

Though I had little confident, I drank, cos I was HUNGRY!!! No food for 3 days for a glutton like me is another kind of torture altogether.

I sipped little by little. Yes sharp pain came after a couple of sips, taking lots of breaks in between, but I survived the whole cup. The nurse asked me for a pain score of the sharp pain. I told her "8" ("10" being the I-would-rather-be-dead kind of pain, which was what I had at the A&E).

Slept well through the night, smelling the fragrance of the Milo in my breath.....

2 comments:

Blessed mum said...

this really look serious..can't wait to know if they find the cause.

3lilangels said...

I was late to read about this. Sounds so painful. Have they found the cause yet? Hang in there 'til they do. Best wishes!