Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2nd Hospitalisation Day 1of 7

25th July 2009

We wanted to stay at Go Go Bambini for another hour or so after the event, but the pain in my abdomen was increasing so rapidly, we had to cut the fun earlier. Allan drove me home, called my uncle and asked if I could take the 2nd packet of herbs immediately, instead of waiting till night comes. He said ok, since I'm in such intense pain.


I was curling like a prawn the whole time on the sofa. Arms wrapped over my upper abdomen in search for a little comfort. Warm water bottle didn't help either. The pain just kept on shooting up. After 1hr+, the medication was ready, I drank it slowly till its all down. Tasting bitterness is a delight to me, but not this time.

My head was hurting and feeling nausea soon after I emptied the bowl of black soup. Then came the extremely sharp pain. I was in tears. It was unbearable. In the same prawn position, I couldn't stay still. Allan got really worried. Called my uncle again and he suggested that I should head down to A&E straight away, because the herbs were excellent for pain reduction and obviously they were not working at all!

Allan called his elder bro to come and fetch the boys to my in-laws' house. Half an hour later, the chauffeur was here. Binbin cried and hugged me before leaving with his bolster and cute-little-baby in his hands. He knew he was NOT coming home to stay that night......

We waited; because I refused to go to the hospital. I was disheartened by what happened in the previous round. Did so many tests and yet there were no conclusion. Going to another hospital would simply mean that I had to REDO everything again, or worse, they might refer me back to SGH.

I was tearing even more now, banging my head on the floor, hoping to knock myself unconscious. Allan couldn't bear to see me, insisted that I should go.... I had little strength left to reject the offer. He held me tightly by my shoulder against his and off we went to the car.

When I reach the entrance of SGH, the pain was completely unbearable. I was gagging and could hardly stand on my wobbling legs. Before I could say "Help!", the security guard, two medics and one nurse held me while one of them rested me on the wheelchair.

Luckily I had my ID in hand, could hardly talk, was choking on my tears by the time the medics were examining me. In less than a minute, I was in the Intensive Care Unit. Still in the 'prawn' position, different doctors came one by one but none could examine me properly 'cos I couldn't straighten my body.

They injected the painkiller through the cannula. It didn't work.
Gave me 3 tablets to stop the pain. That didn't work too.
In the end, it was 2ml of Morphine that eased my pain.

I didn't know I was injected with Morphine till another nurse came a few minutes later and wanted to inject another needle on my right arm, she said, "The doctor gave you Morphine earlier, so now I'm giving you something to prevent you from vomiting, a very common side effect after taking Morphine."

X-rays and Ultrasound plus blood and urine tests were done. Nothing was found. As usual. *eyes rolled*

After seeing that I have calmed down, I was pushed up to my ward. This time, its truly a B2 class non-aircon ward, not so 'lucky' this time. Still, this WAS my choice, at least I won't have to worry about my lights and my door when I'm asleep. *giggle*

9 comments:

Something About Us said...

I was knitting my eye brows when I read about what happened. I feel so much for you my friend.

hugz

Lucky Allan insisted that you HAD to go to the hospital, otherwise if you faint at home, he would have to call 995.

Allan was quite worried for you on that night ...

MommyAngel said...

Oh no .... not again :( Since it's only your day 1 of 7 so I guess you have more episode to come ?

Blessed mum said...

it sounded really bad this time... so glad that Allan insisted on you going to A&E, can you imagine otherwise?!

Woman in a Window said...

I'm really getting worried about you. You don't leave until they find out what's wrong with you! Take care.
xo
erin

slavemom said...

This round u stayed 7 days? Oh dear. I seriously hope u now know wat was the cause of the excruciating pain. Hope u're all well now. Take care, Angeline!

Angeline said...

MommyAngel,

yes girl.... 6 more to come.....

2xMum said...

hope you're feeling much better now. *hugs*

2xMum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suhanya said...

i really can see u in the Prawn position..thru my heart... Hugs:)