Saturday, August 8, 2009

2nd Hospitalisation Day 5 of 7

29th July 2009

7.30am The doctors came for their rounds. I asked, "What if the MRI showed nothing? What next?" The Senior Surgeon replied, "Not that we hope to see something. But we are trying to rule-out the life-threatening causes first." Answering as if it was not answered. *eyes rolled*

11am My experience from my previous 5-day stay in the hospital earlier this month (July) paid off today. They need to insert the 'PINK plug', just like the one they did for my CT scan. Remember? The very horrible scan which I couldn't even scream???

MRI was similar. Liquid would be pumped into my body through the 'PINK plug'. But the good news was, there was no pumping into the anus and no giant cups of water to drink. *phew* On the contrary, they kept asking me to empty my bladder.

I told the young nurse about my previous experience; how painful my hand was when the 'PINK plug' was inserted by the 'inexperience' nurse. I think I scared her enough to move her legs and walk towards her senior staff nurse, seeking for assistance. *laugh*

I requested for the 'PINK plug' to be inserted at the side of my wrist instead of the back of my hand. This spot is better because there are less movement. Hence less painful too. Yippee!!! She agreed. In the end, it was the senior staff nurse who did it for me, instead of the young nurse. *laugh*

When it was inserted beautifully, the young nurse did the 'finishing touches'. She was soooooooooooo cute! She drew a Happy Face on the tape to cheer me up. *Grin*

Though the pain can still be felt many hours later, but not as bad as the previous round which distracted me from doing almost everything.

Menstruation came as expected, didn't add to the pain nor the suffering, just felt more lethargic.

Every patient in the ward was entertained today by a group of trainee-doctors. They were preparing for their 'practical' exams. Instructed by their professor to 'interview' the patients in my ward; the chatty me was all ready to talk!!! *laugh*

6.15pm So that helped to pass time really quickly.... and before I know it, it was time for the MRI.

Went into a tunnel which was much smaller than the CT-scan. The environment was more relaxing too. The fluid which passed through the plug was so cooling, it felt like ice-water going into my veins. Nice!

They laid this heavy metallic thing over my chest, very much like the Armour which warrior wears. A super huge headphone for me to hear the instructions on when to breathe in and hold; and when to breathe normally.

Soon I felt like I was in a rocket, ready for take off. There were all sorts of noises. First it was "Di-Dok, Di-Dok.....", then came "Di Di Di Di....Doog Doog Doog...", soon after that it was "Diiiewww....Diiieewww...." and many more...

Really fun, even though it took approximately 30-45mins, I was so entertained, I didn't fall asleep. *laugh*

I asked the doctor if he saw anything unusual. He told me my stomach was full of water and asked if I fasted for more than 12hours. "I did". He gave me the puzzled look. When I probed for more info on my scan, he refused to tell.

7.30pm I was done and gone back to my ward. Doctor came and told me that the results of the MRI will be out tomorrow. He told me he has purposely stop ordering drinks for me today, after seeing the reaction I had yesterday. Before he left, I asked for the nausea-jab for a good night rest again....

4 comments:

Blessed mum said...

water in your tummy?? hmm..and why can't he tell you if there's anything unusual??!! I'll be real frighten by his kinda reaction.

Angeline said...

Blessed mum,

on the contrary, I was super happy!!! *laugh*
cos' it meant 'something unusual' right?
And I've been hoping for such results, didn't I???

*frown*
But in the end....*sigh*

Ann said...

OMIGOSH...poor you!!!Your insurance cover all these cost for you right?

I wish they will find something soon.....must be really bad cannot even drink!

But at least you are losing weight! Sigh...not that it is any consolation....but trying to fund something more cheerful to comment!

Angeline said...

Ann,

can I tell you that I didn't buy any insurance for my health...?!!!
*sigh*....

I canceled mine loooooooooooong time ago...
now that we are better off, I forgot to get one...and now, obviously, they don't 'allow' me to buy already....

On the contrary, I grew plumper...cos kept eating small frequent meals...
Now I'm pretty much of a coward when it comes to putting my 'hunger' to the test.
Whenever I feel a little empty, I start eating...
Cos the sharp pain that comes when I'm hungry is severe.