Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jumbo Seafood Restaurant


If you had hopped over from my Children's Blog, you would know that we had one of THE BEST dinner ever yesterday as a family of 5.

I didn't want to add my feedback to that post 'cos I didn't want it to be too draggy. The talkative me just have too much to say.

The Restaurant: -
We went to the branch at Dempsey Hill. Awesome place. Fantastic Ambiance . Because it is a new location, everything looked so welcoming, even the toilets. *laugh*

What makes a place extra memorable is never the look but the service. It was an A1 class service. That is how I would rate it. Coming from a service personnel background, I was given special training on 'what service is supposed to be like'. Jumbo's staff lived up to THAT standard.

Other than being attentive, friendly, courteous and professional, they were easily 'available' when you needed them. Ever been to a restaurant where you need to raise your hands and stretch your neck with eyes busy scanning the entire place for someone, just to pass you a new pair of chopsticks???

You'll never get a chance to experience that in Jumbo at Dempsey Hill. I need to make a special mention on the branch because what happens in one place does not necessary mean it would be the same in another, even though it under the same 'family'. Agree?

Now, The Food: -

Crispy Baby Squid:-

Its nice. Nothing about it made me go "Wow". Hmmm... probably because I didn't have too much expectation on this dish. If I did, then this would be a disappointment.

Boiled Live Prawns: -

So fresh! You can taste the freshness with every bite. No additional flavouring was added (I think). Just the sweetness of prawn. For a prawn fanatic like me, its a thumb-up!

Deep Fried Red Tilapia:-

This was a pleasant suprise. We were not fast enough with our camera to capture the way the fish was presented. All I can say was, it looked like it was dancing! *laugh*

The nice waitress cut it up into smaller pieces for convenient-eating.

First taste of the sauce was pretty spicy, yet it was so tempting, you can't stop at one scoop. Mmmmmm......

Jumbo Chili Crab:-

From the name, you can tell that its one of the RECOMMENDED. Whenever we eat chili crab, 'Man-Tou' or steamed/fried bun is a must!

Because of my tongue conditions, this was way too spicy for me. A bite set my tongue on fire and sent 3 cups of 'Pu-er' tea down my throat.

In the end, I could only managed 3 tiny bites. What a waste! Allan and my sis settled the entire pot. But the 'Man-Tou' was yummy even on its own.

Jumbo Black Pepper Crab:-

THIS WAS OUR FAVOURITE!!!!
Other than the springy flesh, the spicy black pepper wasn't way over the top!

I love this kind of black pepper crab. I call it the 'dry-kind', not the gravy sort. The fragrance of the black pepper was soaked up completely by the flesh.

I have seen others where the black pepper is only on the shell and not the 'inside'. *pout*

But This was absolutely fantastic! A Must HAVE on your table!

So if you have the intention to visit Jumbo, try the one at Dempsey Hill, where all your 5 senses will be satisfied. *smile*

6 comments:

J@n!ce said...

I havent been to the branch over at Dempsy but I heard the ambience is good!! Is it crowded by the time your reach. Can advance booking boh? ;p

Mommy Lose Weight said...

hmmm...yummmmy~~~

looks like I give a good suggestion hor? Or you have thought of it at the first place already! Haha...Anyway, glad all of you have a geat time!

Angeline said...

Janice,

crowded but not to the extreme, 'cos its weekday.
yup, to prevent disappointment, we did make a reservation.

Angeline said...

Ling,
really, it was you.
Thank you!

Mom Knows Everything said...

We LOVE seafood! That all looks amazing! Yummy!

Woman in a Window said...

Angeline, that is a crime! Looks delicious.