Friday, March 27, 2009

Trying My luck....

Good News are rolling in like marbles, smooth and fast.
But I am greedy, I wish it could be even faster and the Marbles can grow in size. *laugh*
Nah... seriously, I am thankful for lots of things that has been happening to me over the past 2 weeks, or rather ever since I posted that SOS post, people, events, God's planning...
Thank You....

This week, my schedule was to list on ebay my handmade accessories parts, like some of these...










I could only snap and list on ebay after my boys are asleep. Sometimes when the momentum picks up, I just can't stop till wee hours in the Morning, almost 3am; and I'm suppose to wake at 7am to bring my boys to school. THIS is my new routine for the past 2 weeks. You can imagine my eye bag and the darkness of my eye rings. *laugh*

I think the heavens have their eyes on me, they saw the effort and sincerity I have been putting in, in making this 1+ month a little easier to pass....Yes orders are coming in... Thank you... keep it rolling in please...

For parts like the above, I bought by the thousands or even millions for some of them. My jewelleries are handmade by Allan and I then, so these are MUST-HAVE.

Never did I expect myself to stop my retail biz and now clearing them on ebay. So now I have a huge problem!!!!!

I don't sell them in a single piece. I sell them in packs of whatever number for S$1.00 per pack. It is really tedious to count them manually, especially when the orders come in HUNDREDs of pieces. I was cock-eye by the time I'm done with an order.

For wholesalers, the RIGHT WAY to do it is to weigh one unit then multiple by the number and start pouring on the machine till it hits the correct weight.

We had intention to buy that machine almost 6 years ago. We found it in Thailand, but it was above our budget, S$300+. Singapore is worse S$500+.

Non of my ex-retail friends have the machine, so here I am trying my luck.... do you have a jewellery mini electronic weighing scale I could BORROW? (Like the picture shown on the left)

Or else, Angeline will be known as 'Cock-eye Angeline' by the time she cleared her whole storeroom of these items.... *laugh*

*Click here to see my list of stuff on ebay (growing by the day)
*picture of scale taken from here

5 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Aurora makes jewelery too. Hey you could make some and set up an Esty shop to sell them online.

Tin said...

Good to hear the news :)

Woman in a Window said...

Such small parts to count out. Hope you find a machine and sell 'em all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angeline, i hav a blog that deals with preowned & new stuffs and the viewership not bad though. So wonder u wanna me to drop a link under my blogroll at http://lelongs.wordpress.com? jus let me noe ya! ;)

Angeline said...

Tammy,

my sis tried to do that for me in the past
when I was very INTO my business then....
but it failed terribly...zero sales for 1 year....
*sigh*
so I gave up... my sis lost interest, she deleted the site

now, I make earrings and consign to other retailers....
ever since I became a SAHM, for almost 3years now...
its slow, but occasionally, I do get some money back

now after playing with Ebay for a month, I'm pretty comfortable with it,
so maybe I'll start posting what I had already created, which are sitting in my storeroom first....
to see the response
if its good, I'll make more with the beads I've left.
if response is not good, I'll DIS-ASSEMBLE them and sell them as parts....
we'll see how it goes....

Either way, I get money... so I'm happy...